You probably have some ideas about what you want your future to look like. But how will you get there? Will you be ready to pay $50,000 for that wedding or $100,000 for college tuition?
You may start thinking about these expenses early in your career, but many young adults are still working to pay off past debts. By the middle of your career, your focus is more likely to switch to future goals.
United Bank Wealth Management Advisors work to understand your goals and show you the way to achieve them through realistic financial planning. We use planning software to find out where your money is coming from and where it’s going. We may recommend stocks, land, 401k, IRAs, CDs, and more to help you reach your financial goals. Our team can help you:
- Anticipate financial sufficiency
- Plan for future obligations with low risk and high confidence
- Realize major purchase dreams such as vehicles, vacations or second homes
- Minimize taxes and administrative costs
- Make use of your home equity in your overall financial strategy
Do you know how much income you will need when you retire? Are you on track to have enough? Saving for retirement is a long journey. United Bank Wealth Management Advisors guide you to the right path. We’ll help you get started and stay alongside you to keep you on course.
See our Retirement Plan calculator to get a more accurate view of your retirement years.
Social Security Planning
Social Security is a vital part of income for many retirees. During your career, you pay Social Security taxes. That money is used to help retirees, people with disabilities, widows and dependents of workers, and dependents of beneficiaries right now. When you retire, Social Security will be paid back to you in an amount based on your 35 years of highest earnings.
Use United Bank’s Social Security and Retirement Plan calculators to get a more accurate view of your retirement years.
We recommend every adult begins tracking their benefits mid-career. The government has online tools to help you factor these hard-earned future benefits into your retirement picture. You can do this through the Social Security Administration’s website. There is also a Retirement Estimator to help you see what your benefit payments would look like at varying ages.
The cost of a higher education has increased greatly over the past few decades. The average Associate’s degree can cost $10,000. A Bachelor’s degree at a public school is around $50,000 and at a private school, you’re looking at a $100,000 price tag.
These numbers can seem daunting, but remember that your children's education is an investment in their financial future. Whether your children are about to enter college or have yet to start kindergarten, United Bank Wealth Management Advisors are ready to help you.
Proactively planning your estate is a critical part of providing for your heirs. It’s recommended that you begin to start thinking about this early in your career, and review your plan every 3-5 years or as major life changes occur. Items you may wish to include in your estate planning are:
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Healthcare Power of Attorney
- Beneficiary designations
- Guardianship designations
- Letter of Intent
- Mitigate estate tax implications of inheritance for your beneficiaries
- Create a living trust where you appoint a trustee to take responsibility of your assets for the benefit of your beneficiaries
- Provide for your family and for the missions you care about
- Optimize risk and return over the appropriate time horizon with general and family trusts
Income Tax Planning
As you reach the later years of your career, an effective tax management strategy often means more than taking advantage of accounts such as 401(k)s and IRAs. United Bank Wealth Management Advisors work with tax experts to help business owners, as well as those who have trusts and highly-appreciated assets, to retain and pass on more of what they have earned. We can help you:
- Anticipate the tax implications of alternative forms of compensation such as stock trading and options
- Direct the timing and structure of selling personal assets and interests in family businesses
- Make a difference in multiple lives with an effective gifting strategy