Borrowing with a HOME POSSIBLE® mortgage for first-time homebuyers
United Bank mortgage supports first-time homebuyers through the Freddie Mac Home Possible program. These loans offer the flexibility and options that many new borrowers need. When buying a new home, a down payment is one of the biggest obstacles when it comes to affordability. With low down payments and flexible sources of funds, the Home Possible loan is perfect to make first-time home ownership a reality.
Key features of the HOME POSSIBLE first-time homebuyer loan program:
- Funding for a variety of property types, including planned unit developments and manufactured homes
- A down payment as low as 3%, based on loan amount (manufactured homes as low as 5%)
- Credit scores as low as 620 may qualify
- Primary residences only
- New purchase or refinance (no cash out)
- A non-occupant can be considered as a co-borrower
HOME POSSIBLE First-time Homebuyer Loan Process
Once we receive your completed mortgage loan application, we will provide you with a Loan Estimate. Upon receipt of your Notice of Intent to Proceed we will let you know what additional information is needed.This checklist is a compilation of frequently needed copies of documents.
Resources for First Time Homebuyers:
- Homeownership Education - in both English and Spanish
- Freddie Mac's Borrower Support Network - live support from financial experts
- Eight Steps to Home Ownership - Freddie Mac's interactive guide to navigate first time home ownership
- Our mortgage calculator can be used to help you gain a better understanding of the type of loan you can afford over a five, ten, fifteen, twenty, or thirty year term.