Since its charter in 1905, United Bank has been a growing organization. One of the key components to that growth has been the talented, quality people we have employed over the years.
Whether you are an experienced banker, new to the industry, or interested in entering the industry, United Bank offers employment opportunities that will compliment your professional and personal goals. We welcome those who share our interest in customers and who can have a positive impact on our organizationís growth and development. We offer excellent benefits for both hourly and salaried employees and we have provided a brief summary for you to review. You can also explore current openings by browsing our menu of Available Positions. The Human Resource Department will not accept applications when no current position is available. Any applications received for a non-posted position will not be accepted.
United Bank provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veterans status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status. All personnel actions, including but not limited to those relating to hiring, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoffs, training, education, and tuition assistance are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity. Each officer of United Bank is responsible for ensuring that individuals are afforded equal opportunity and are not denied access to these benefits.
For more information on the available positions posted below, please call 770.412.7211. Please return all applications by:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 1010
Griffin, Georgia 30224
We are located at
110 W.Oak St.
the Griffin Main Office.
Click here for a printable application
|Handles all phases of teller transactions associated
with checking, savings and various type payments (loan, credit card, utility,
etc) initiated from the Interactive Teller Machine. Follows teller operating
policies, assesses risk of presented transactions, and takes steps to minimize
loss in ITM transactions. Provides quality customer service while promoting the
bank's services. Serves as ambassador for alternative delivery channels.
Schedule: part time; primarily with evening and weekend hours.|
- Handles all phases of teller transactions including but not limited to
checking, savings, loans and credit cards. Accepts cash and checks for deposit,
cashes checks and savings withdrawals within designated limit, and escalates to
others when applicable.
- Verifies endorsements as required by teller operational policies.
- Reports suspicious activity through proper channels.
- Follows policies and procedures set forth by the bank. Demonstrates solid
understanding of fraud and other risks associated with ITM transactions.
- Provides high level of quality customer service according to Signature
- Complies with all Federal and State banking laws and related regulations, to
include but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Display a professional demeanor with a personality that connects with
- Possess interpersonal communication skills particularly effective in a video
- Knowledge of bank operations, bank products and services.
- Possess ability to ensure compliance with established bank policies and
- Possess high analytical skills to solve a wide variety of practical and
customer service problems in an unsupervised setting.
- Ability to assess risk, exercise descretion and handle sensitive and
- Possess ability to perform within a complex, multi-functional technical
environment; demonstrate the ability to process and complete teller transactions
in a non-traditional teller environment while offering Signature Service that
promotes ongoing ITM usage.
|This senior level internal audit position will
assist the Internal Auditor with the performance of independent audits of
financial records and control procedures to ensure compliance with laws,
regulations, and policies. This position is expected to play a lead role in the
performance of audits, to possess a thorough knowledge of policies and
procedures, to excercise independent judgment, and to communicate effectively
with senior management.|
- Oversees the planning and implementation of branch and operational audit
- Interacts with and makes presentations to Senior Management and the Audit
- Participates in enterprise risk assessment and internal control evaluations
as needed under the FDIC Improvement Act
- Performs internal audit procedures and prepares internal audit reports for
- Applies knowledge of internal control concepts and experience to planning,
performing, managing and reporting on the evaluation of various business
processes, areas and functions
- Reviews compliance with established policies, procedures and business
practices to ensure effective operations
- Performs follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues
- Recommends and assists with the development of procedures and controls which
are indicated through normal audit reviews
- Partners with internal bank "customers" to identify constructive and
value-added solutions to address issues identified
- Takes a lead role in the training of bank personnel and other internal audit
- Follows standards of professional behavior based upon the Code of Ethics
issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Bachelor's degree related to business administration OR equivalent related
experience as stated below
- Five or more years of experience in a banking or financial environment
- Exhibits leadership ability as a senior member of the audit team
- Ability to gather information by examining records and documents and to
interview individuals concerning those records
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to define problems, collect
data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Good awareness of accounting principles and techniques
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain satisfactory
relationships with bank personnel
- Demonstate ability to independently complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software
- Ability to excercise discretion and tactfully handle sensitive and
|Audit / Griffin|
|Teller - Part
|Under close supervision, handles all phases of
teller transactions associated with checking, savings, and various type payments
(loan, utility, etc.). Accepts cash or check items from customers for deposit.
Adheres to assigned check cashing guidelines. Job involves considerable customer
contact and extensive on-the-job training for job proficiency. Provides quality
customer service while promoting the bank's services. Schedule: Monday - Friday
(10am-2pm) and every other Saturday 8am - 12pm. |
- Considerable customer contact and extensive on the job training for job
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Assist customers with account information
- Demonstrate knowledge of United Bank's products and services and match them
appropriately to customer needs
- Maintains teller drawer while handling all phases of teller transactions
including but not limited to checking, savings, and various type loan payments
and credit card payments. Accepts cash and checks for deposit, cashing checks
and savings withdrawals within designated limit, accepts tax deposits and issues
- Verifies cash and endorsements as describe in teller training.
- Maintains proper levels of cash in cash drawer.
- Follows Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR) and Monetary Instrument Log
(MIL) regulatory guidelines.
- Reports any OFAC matches to the OFAC Officer.
- Reports suspicious activity through proper channels.
- Processes various night drop and mail transactions as needed.
- Verifies and maintains accurate records of all cash in and cash out
- Prepares daily settlement of teller cash and proof transactions.
- Follows policies and procedures set forth by the bank.
- Performs any duties requested by a supervisor relating to the bank and its
- Quick learner, energetic, articulate, and detail oriented.
- Must be able to lift heavy bags of coin.
- Excellent customer service, employee relations and communication skills a
- Must exercise some judgment with moderate supervision.
- Be knowledgeable of bank products, and able to answer basic customer
- Must be available to work Monday thru Saturday.
- Ability to deal tactfully with customers and co-workers.
- Attention to detail and confidentiality a must.
- Previous teller experience or at least one year cash handling experience.
- Ability to be accurate and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Experience in customer service/retail environment preferred.
- Ability to apply good judgment in carrying out instructions furnished in
written, oral or diagram form.
- Computer skills demonstrated through ability to input detail of work in
order to process and complete teller transactions.
|Originate residential mortgage loans that meet the
lending standards of the secondary market. Assist customers in selecting a
mortgage loan product that meets their needs as well as lending standards. Take
pro-active steps to promote and secure new mortgage business for the
organization and provide quality services to customers through accurate
financial counseling and professional interviewing skills.|
- Complete applications, obtain credit report to determine credit worthiness
and debt ratio, arrange for property appraisal, order title check and verify
first lien position.
- Originate first mortgage loans on/off-site as required and assure these
loans meet requirements set forth by secondary market and bank lending policies.
- Coordinate with processing, underwriting, secondary marketing and closing to
ensure loans are being processed, approved and closed in a timely manner.
- Notify customer in writing of credit decision made on loan request.
- Explain loan closing procedures and review payment schedule ensuring
customer understands repayment obligations.
- Quote rates, points and fees to customers and offer lock-in rate protection.
- Develop new business opportunities by calling on real estate companies,
builders and developers in an effort to create new business and generate new
mortgage loans and retain or increase existing business.
- Initiate, promote and actively participate in sales activities and social
functions to select groups for the purpose of originating new mortgage loans.
- High School education and reasoning skills required.
- Strong writting and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets and intranet exp).
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and willing to travel if needed.