Since its charter in 1905, United Bank has been a growing organization. One of the key components to that growth has been the talented, quality people we have employed over the years.
Whether you are an experienced banker, new to the industry, or interested in entering the industry, United Bank offers employment opportunities that will compliment your professional and personal goals. We welcome those who share our interest in customers and who can have a positive impact on our organizationís growth and development. We offer excellent benefits for both hourly and salaried employees and we have provided a brief summary for you to review. You can also explore current openings by browsing our menu of Available Positions. The Human Resource Department will not accept applications when no current position is available. Any applications received for a non-posted position will not be accepted.
For more information on the available positions posted below, please call 770.412.7211. Please return all applications by:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 1010
Griffin, Georgia 30224
We are located at
110 W.Oak St.
the Griffin Main Office.
Click here for a printable application
|Teller - Part
|Under close supervision, handles all phases of
teller transactions associated with checking, savings, and various type payments
(loan, utility, etc.). Accepts cash or check items from customers for deposit.
Adheres to assigned check cashing guidelines. Job involves considerable customer
contact and extensive on-the-job training for job proficiency. Provides quality
customer service while promoting the bank's services. Must be able to work
Monday thru Friday 1pm - 5pm and every other Saturday 8:30am - 12:30pm.
- Considerable customer contact and extensive on the job training for job
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Assist customers with account information
- Demonstrate knowledge of United Bank's products and services and match them
appropriately to customer needs
- Maintains teller drawer while handling all phases of teller transactions
including but not limited to checking, savings, and various type loan payments
and credit card payments. Accepts cash and checks for deposit, cashing checks
and savings withdrawals within designated limit, accepts tax deposits and issues
- Verifies cash and endorsements as describe in teller training.
- Maintains proper levels of cash in cash drawer.
- Follows Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR) and Monetary Instrument Log
(MIL) regulatory guidelines.
- Reports any OFAC matches to the OFAC Officer.
- Reports suspicious activity through proper channels.
- Processes various night drop and mail transactions as needed.
- Verifies and maintains accurate records of all cash in and cash out
- Prepares daily settlement of teller cash and proof transactions.
- Follows policies and procedures set forth by the bank.
- Performs any duties requested by a supervisor relating to the bank and its
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Quick learner, energetic, articulate, and detail oriented.
- Must be able to lift heavy bags of coin.
- Excellent customer service, employee relations and communication skills a
- Must exercise some judgment with moderate supervision.
- Be knowledgeable of bank products, and able to answer basic customer
- Must be available to work Monday thru Saturday.
- Ability to deal tactfully with customers and co-workers.
- Attention to detail and confidentiality a must.
- Previous teller experience or at least one year cash handling experience.
- Ability to be accurate and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Experience in customer service/retail environment preferred.
- Ability to apply good judgment in carrying out instructions furnished in
written, oral or diagram form.
- Computer skills demonstrated through ability to input detail of work in
order to process and complete teller transactions.
- Demonstrate a "team" attitude toward the bank and coworkers.
- Successful completion of in-house training and orientation.
- Handle sensitive of the bank and customers in confidence.
- Display a high degree of character and ethics.
- Represent the bank in a professional manner within the community.
- Comply with the bank's internal Personnel Policy.
- Sign release to allow United Bank to perform a credit and criminal
background check. Must have, and maintain a satisfactory personal financial
record and background history.
- Professional dress and demeanor required.
- High School Diploma or GED.